Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesdays are the Devil...

...but I love them anyway. I have class from 9 AM to 9 PM with a few breaks in between. It's a long day, but Tuesdays always leave me feeling super-productive. Here's some of what I accomplished in the past 24 hours!

First, from 9-12, I have Figurative Painting. Then, after a two hour break, we have another session from 2-5. Today, however, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the afternoon session. I really wanted to work on my painting more because we're running out of time, but the museum trip was worth it! My class saw this amazing rooftop sculpture by Roxy Paine, followed by The Milkmaid, a very famous painting by Johannes Vermeer. I really like Vermeer's work and work from that period in general.

Anyway, about my painting: I didn't touch the face and instead moved on to the torso and the still life set up around the model. Still haven't gotten very far on that and I think the painting looks pretty bad aside from the model. But I'll work it out!

After Figurative Painting, I have Printmaking from 6:30-9. I haven't posted a lot of work from that, but here are a few pictures from my workspace from tonight:


The first two are lithographs made from Pronto-Plates. The middle pic is a print made from photo from my brother's wedding this past summer.
The last image are some test prints I made using acetate cut into an ukulele stencil. First, the color was rolled on through a stencil. Then, I made stencil of the neck and sound hole, inked it up, and scraped away lines for the strings. It might be kind of hard to see. Some other prints were offsets from prints already made.

And now, I'm going to work on that drawing from my last blog post!

Working hard to get my fill,
-J

4 comments:

Unknown said...

heeeyyyy

we want one of those that you made from the pic of us! neato mosquito

sam your fellow 7th floor neighbor. said...

damn jordan im suuuuuuper jealous you guys are ACTUALLY printmaking. i miss richard pitts so much our stupid teacher is holding us back!! your prints are so good! i love the ukelele prints so much. i love the second one next to the solid red one. :] you are so good jordan!!!

ps. sorry if i spelled ukelele wrong. and also sorry for being a creeper. :P

PandaWolf said...

I'll make something cool and send it to you guys!

Sam, you're not a creeper! CREEP MORE! It's ukulele, with two u's!

Unknown said...

Love the lithos, Jordan! So cool. The one of Chris and Megan is beautiful. I want one!

Keep doin' yo' thang, lil' bruh.