Friday, January 16, 2009

One Week Left...

...'till I go back to the city! FIT's winter break is freakishly long. I suppose it helps to save on those heating bills, though.

Anyway, I can't say I've been as productive as I wanted to be. Too busy being lazy and playing Fallout 3. But I just recently rediscovered my brother's acoustic guitar under my bed, as well as another miniature guitar of his in my closet. I can't believe I forgot about them! So I've been fiddling around with them a teeny bit.

Fine arts-wise, not much has been happening. I don't know why, but it's impossibly difficult for me to get anything done when I'm at home. Maybe it's the prospect of someone looking over my shoulder every hour, seeing me work. I can't stand it when that happens.

BUT, speaking of work and artsy stuff, I want to direct all of you readers to Dude Craft! Run by my former tech theater teacher and big-time awesome guy Paul Overton, this arts and crafts blog has a number of interesting posts and projects for DIY-minded people out there. Definetly something to check out if you're in the mood to produce (unlike me!).

Anyway, enough about my (currently boring) life! Here are some pics of my 3d design projects! You may remember this from way back:


Since then, we've done maybe....5 or so more projects. Here are some highlights!



Project: Create form with intersecting shapes composed of parallel vertical planes.



Project: Create a radiating form that had the same profile view from all sides. Looks rather menacing, no?


This last one is our final project. We had to take a geometric/cubist/abstract painting and translate it into three dimensions. I took this painting by Theo van Doesburg and turned it into this:






I was going for a crazy Star-Wars-esque city/Death Star scape.

Pardon the crappy photo conditions. In fact, I am ashamed to have uploaded these without color adjustments, but alas, time constraints suck. Yupyup.

Later kids!

No comments: